This is not a New Year post by any means, but I have been experiencing so many different emotions for the past few weeks and I want to write about it. Too often we want to speak about the good, which is good. Reality is that there are more bad days than there are any good. Obviously we choose to share the good because who wants to listen to sob stories when their own life isn’t going according to plan. Here is a breakdown of my most recent setbacks in no particular order:
- I lost my passport – I have either misplaced it or just lost it. It sucks because I need to travel and due to my irresponsibility I am without a passport.
- Lost friends – Way too many to count. Let’s just say the boat has sailed when you both give up on the other. The blame game doesn’t work. I believe that some friendships begin as a way for life to teach us life lessons and some end because they no longer serve us.
- Gained weight – My weight fluctuates so much its painful. Today jeans are tight, tomorrow I need to belt them up – it’s driving me crazy. But it’s all a reminder that I am not taking care of my health.
- Emotional dysfunction – In the past week I tried to get off my anti-depressants, I nearly lost my mind. My mind started wandering off, I was lost, confused, I was on auto pilot really and I had occasional brief moments of crying. I’m back on them, sadly!
- Financial irresponsibility – The impulse buying needs to stop.
- Minimal productivity – Why is it that we all have 24 hours in a day but others are doing so much more than others. Horrible time management is a thief that keeps on stealing.
Enough about my mess. The point of this post is to share with you that there are so many setbacks in our everyday lives. Are you choosing to dwell on the mess you have created or are you going to pick yourself up and march on? I am choosing to START OVER EVERYDAY! Nothing is going to get easier for any of us. But we have to hold ourselves accountable and make better choices every day. So yes, assess your life, what mess is holding you back, confront it and move right along.
Here are some awesome quotes for your sweet soul!!
Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way.
Stay true to yourself, yet always be open to learn. Work hard, and never give up on your dreams, even when nobody else believes they can come true but you. These are not cliches but real tools you need no matter what you do in life to stay focused on your path.
And here is an article I found on Thought Catalog and some
Sources of photos/quotes: We Heart It